|Wien: Bösendorfer-Saal (old)|
Country: Austria (Österreich)
Location: 1.; Herrengasse 6
Concert hall, built 1872 for Ludwig Bösendorfer by converting the former "Liechtenstein Riding School". Used for solo recitals and chamber concerts. Praised by many world-famous composers and pianists for outstanding acoustics. Demolished 1913.
[1930 the 16-storey apartment block "Hochhaus Herrengasse" by Theiss and Jaksch was built on the site.]
[The concert hall currently known as "Bösendorfer-Saal" is located at another site, Graf-Starhemberg-Gasse 14.]
Notable world premieres:
Front Text: "Wien, Bösendorfer-Konzertsaal, Eingang, M. Arnssburg pinx.", sign: "Bösendorfer"|
Publisher: Wiener Künstler-Postkarte; Serie S67/12
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.