Country: Belgium (Belgique/BelgiŽ)
Built from 1477 as the palace of Margaret of York, on the site formerly occupied by the palace of the bishops of Cambrai. 1486 sold to the city of Mechelen. Subsequently used as a palace by the Habsburg princess, Margaret of Austria. 1611 ceded to the Jesuites. After the the elimination of the Jesuite religious order, used as a home for retired or invalid soldiers. Later converted to a theatre.
Front Text: "Malines - Le Thť‚tre"|
Publisher: Edit. G. Olbrechts, Malines
Type: Divided Back
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/131|