Country: Switzerland (Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizera)
[First theatre on the site built 1865-1867 by Georg Friedrich Peyer im Hof. Named "Imthurneum" after its donator, Johann Conrad Im Thurn. Opened 16 Jan 1867 with Schiller's "Die Jungfrau von Orleans". Closed 1952 due to safety concerns. Subsequently demolished.]
New theatre built 1954-1956 by Paul Meyer (Scherrer & Meyer Architekten). Opened 13 Oct 1956 as "Stadttheater". Used for guest performances of touring companies.
Front Text: "Schaffhausen, Neues Stadtteater"|
Publisher: E. Goetz, Luzern; No. 1644
Sent: from Luzern to Berlin (Germany), 1903
To CARTHALIA Homepage.