Country: Switzerland (Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizera)
Location: Sechseläutenplatz (Theaterplatz)
Named after its founder, the Swiss actor Rudolf Bernhard (1901-1962). In the course of renovations of the adjacent Opernhaus, the old Esplanade building that had housed the Bernhard-Theater since its foundation in 1934 was demolished. A new Bernhard-Theater was built on the old site from 1983-1984. Opened 27 Dec 1984 with Thornton Wilder's play "Our Town". Mainly used for dialect comedies, musicals and drama guest performances. 500 seats.
Picture: left: Opernhaus, right: Bernhard-Theater|
Front Text: letters over entrance: "bernhard-theater"
Handwritten Reverse Text: dated 12 Jan 1989
Publisher: Photoglob AG, Zürich
Picture: Opernhaus and Bernhard-Theater
Reverse Text: "Zürich, Opernhaus"
Publisher: Verlag Beringer & Pampaluchi AG, 8064 Zürich
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/209|