|Tallinn: Rahvusooper Estonia|
Country: Estonia (Eesti)
City: Tallinn (Reval, Revel)
Location: Estonia pst. 4
Built 1913 by Armas Eliel Lindgren and Wiwi Lönn as a complex of a theatre and a concert hall. Opened 1913 with Shakespeare's "Hamlet". The first opera performed in the new house was Humperdinck's "Hänsel und Gretel" (1913), the first ballet was Delibes's "Coppélia" (1922). Destroyed by bombs on 9 March 1944. 1947 rebuilt by Alar Kotli and Edgar Johan Kuusik. From 1997 major exterior and interior renovations. The Concert Hall is home to the Estonian Symphony Orchestra. Theatre Hall: 695 seats, Concert Hall: 700 seats.
Front Text: "Revel, Estonsky teatr 'Estoniya" - Tallinn, Eesti teater 'Estonia' - Reval, Estnisches Theater 'Estonia'"|
Type: Divided Back
Picture: Concert Hall, view to the stage and organ|
Publisher: Estonia Parikas'te fotogt., Tallinnas 1913
Type: Real Photo
Reverse Text: "SAT 'Estonia' - State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre 'Estonia' - Das Staatliche Akademische Opern-und Ballettheater 'Estonia'"|
Publisher: Eesti Raamat, 1980; 80205-308 M 901(16)-80 406-80
Reverse Text: "Tallinn. Riiklik Akadeemiline Ooperija Balletiteater Estonia"|
Type: USSR postal card with printed stamp
For another postcard of this theatre, see Valga: Teatr Säde.
To CARTHALIA Homepage.