|Dublin / Baile Átha Cliath: National Concert Hall / An Ceoláras Náisiúnta|
City: Dublin / Baile Átha Cliath
Location: Earlsfort Terrace
Built 1865 for the Dublin International Exhibition of Arts and Manufactures. 1908 converted to a university building. In the 1960s part of the building were converted to a concert hall, the rest was still used by the university. Concert hall opened 9 September 1981. Major rebuilding and refurbishment planned after 2005 when the university relocated from the building. Home to the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra.
The building contains several halls:
First Day Cover (Ireland/Éire, 8 Sep 2006)|
Front Text: "The National Concert Hall. An Ceoláras Náisiúnta. Celebrating 25 Years of Music."
Stamp picture: Gerhard Markson conducting the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
Size: 19 x 12.5 cm
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/434|