Kaunas: Kauno Valstybinis Muzikinis Teatras

Country: Lithuania (Lietuva)
City: Kaunas (Kowno, Kovno)
Location: Laisves aleja 91

Built 1891-1892 as municipal theatre by Ustinas Golinevicius for the city of Kaunas. Opened 9 Jan 1892. Also known as "Deutsches Theater" [German Theatre]. 1916 stage extension. Home to the first professional drama (1920), opera (1920), and ballet (1925) companies in Lithuania. 1925 exterior and interior rebuilding by Mykolas Songaila and Vladimiras Dubeneckis with P. Morkunas. 1925 renamed "Kauno Valstybinis Teatras" [Kaunas State Theatre]. 1930-1933 exterior and interior rebuilding and extensions by V. Landsbergis-Zemkalnis. 1948 renamed "Kauno Valstybinis Muzikinis Teatras" [Kaunas State Musical Theatre]. 19801-984 exterior and interior rebuilding and extension by underground dressing rooms and an underground rehearsal hall by K. Zalnerius and A. Staskevicius. Originally 500 seats, after 1925: 763 seats.

Link: www.muzikinisteatras.lt

[Kaunas: Kauno Valstybinis Muzikinis Teatras] Reverse Text: "Kowno, Deutsches Theater"
Publisher: Verlag A. Ratz, Kowno
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: by German Forces' Postal Service to Saarburg (Germany), 1917

[Kaunas: Kauno Valstybinis Muzikinis Teatras] Reverse Text: "Deutsches Theater in Kowno (Gartenansicht)" [Garden View]
Publisher: Verlag A. Ratz, Kowno
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: by German Forces' Postal Service to Saarburg (Germany), 1917

[Kaunas: Kauno Valstybinis Muzikinis Teatras] Reverse Text: "Kaunas, Valstybnis Dramos Teatras; Kaunas, Gosudarstvenny Dramatichesky Teatr"
Publisher: Gerove, Kaunas; LV 06657
Type: Real Photo
Size: Classic
Not sent.


To CARTHALIA Homepage.