|Lisboa: Teatro Nacional de São Carlos|
Location: Rua Serpa Pinto
Opened 30 June 1793 as "Real Teatro de São Carlos". 1888 extension by rehearsal and technical rooms. 1908 renovation by Ventura Terra. 1938-1940 renovation by Guilherme Rebelo de Andrade. Re-opened 1 Dec 1940. Used for opera performances and symphonic concerts.
Stamp Block (Portugal, 1993)|
Text: "Teatro Nacional de S. Carlos - 200 Anos"
Size: 14.0 x 11.2 cm
To CARTHALIA Homepage.