|Funchal: Teatro Municipal Baltazar Dias|
Location: av. Arriaga
Built 1884-1888 by Manuel Pereira as "Teatro D. Maria Pia". Namd in honour of King D. Luis's wife, D. Maria Pia (1847-1911). Decoration by Eugénio do Nascimento Cotrim and Luigi Manini. Later renamed in honour of the 16th century Madeirean poet, Baltazar Dias. Used for theatre performances and as a cinema.
Front Text: "Madeira, Funchal. Theatro e Jardim Publico"|
Type: Undivided Back
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/533|