|Bielsko-Biala: Teatr Polski|
Country: Poland (Polska)
Voivodship: Wojewˇdztwo Slaskie
City: Bielsko-Biala (Bielitz-Biala)
Built 1888-1890 by Emil Ritter von F÷rster as "Stadttheater" for the city of Bielitz. Opened 30 September 1890 with Anton Freytag's "Das neue Musenheim" and Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". 1904-1905 interior rebuilding and modernization by Ferdinand Fellner & Hermann Helmer. 1909 crumbling of the auditorium ceiling during a performance, subsequently removal of stucco decoration. After 1945 renamed "Teatr Polski" [Polish Theatre]. Originally ca. 450 seats (+ 200 standing), after 1905: ca. 1000 seats.
Front Text: "Bielitz, Theater"|
Publisher: K. R. B.
Type: Divided Back
Sent: to Augsburg [without stamp and postmark]
Front Text: on poster: "M. Gogol - Ozenek - Rez. W. Jankowski"|
Reverse Text: "Bielsko-Biala, Teatr Polski"
Publisher: Urbis, Bielsko-Biala
Sent: from Bielsko-Biala to Frankfurt am Main (Germany), 1999
To CARTHALIA Homepage.