Cieszyn: Teatr im. Adama Mickiewicza

Country: Poland (Polska)
Voivodship: Województwo Slaskie
City: Cieszyn (Teschen)

Built 1909-1910 as "Deutsches Theater" for the "Theater-Bau-Verein" and the city of Teschen by Ferdinand Fellner & Hermann Helmer at the site of the demolished 1800/1836 old town hall and theatre. Also known as "Stadttheater". Opened 24 September 1910 with Beethoven's ouverture "Die Weihe des Hauses", a prologue by Friedrich Jenkner, and Grillparzer's "Des Meeres und der Liebe Wellen". 1940-1941 interior alterations and modernization by Leopold Gabsdil. Later renamed in honour of the Polish poet, Adam Mickiewicz (1798-1855). 850 seats.

Link: www.teatr.cieszyn.pl

[Cieszyn: Teatr im. Adama Mickiewicza] Front Text: "Deutsches Theater in Teschen", inscription: "Deutsches Theater"
Publisher: Verlag S. Stuks, Teschen
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: to Pettau (today: Ptuj, Slovenia), 1910 [postmark partly illegible]

[Cieszyn: Teatr im. Adama Mickiewicza] Front Text: "Teschen, Deutsches Theater", inscription: "Deutsches Theater"
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Teschen/Cieszyn to Oderfurt (Moravia), 1916

[Cieszyn: Teatr im. Adama Mickiewicza] Front Text: inscription: "Teatr im. A. Mickiewicza"
Reverse Text: Cieszyn - Teatr im. Adama Mickiewicza, The theatre named after Adam Mickiewicz, Le Théâtre portant le nom d'Adam Mickiewicz, Cetchin - Teatr im. Adama Mickevitsa
Publisher: Biuro Wydawnicze "Ruch"
Type: Divided Back
Size: Modern
Sent: from Cieszyn to Hanau (Germany), 1965

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/545

CARTHALIA Homepage