Legnica: Teatr Modrzejewskiej

Country: Poland (Polska)
Voivodship: Województwo Dolnoslaskie
City: Legnica (Liegnitz)
Location: Rynek 39 (Kleiner Ring)

Built 1840-1842 by Carl Ferdinand Langhans for the city of Liegnitz. Opened 25 December 1842 with Weber's "Jubel-Ouverture", a prologue by Henriette Hanke, and Friedrich Halm's "Der Sohn der Wildnis". 1893 technical modernization. 1902 auditorium renovation. 1925 technical modernization. Capacity: 802 persons (including standing room). 1994 (?) renamed "Teatr Modrzejewskiej" in honour of the Polish actress, Helena Modrzejewska (also known as Helena Modjeska, 1840–1909).

Link: www.teatr.legnica.pl

[Legnica: Teatr Modrzejewskiej] Picture: left: theatre
Front Text: "Liegnitz, Kleiner Ring mit Stadttheater"
Publisher: M.U. H.; Nr. 447
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Liegnitz to Wien (Austria), 1920


To CARTHALIA Homepage.