Swidnica: Teatr

Country: Poland (Polska)
Voivodship: Województwo Dolnoslaskie
City: Swidnica (Schweidnitz)

Built 1821-1822 by Borst or Carl Gottfried Benjamin Geissler as "Stadttheater" for the city of Schweidnitz. Opened 1 Jan 1822. Ca. 550 seats. 1861 auditorium renovations. 1882 rebuilding and modernization. 1914-1915 major rebuilding by Rudolf Schramm. Re-opened 26 Jan 1915.

[Swidnica: Teatr] Picture: above: town hall and theatre block; below: theatre
Front Text: "Schweidnitz - Rathaus - Innerer Ringteil mit Stadttheater"
Size: Classic
Sent: from Reichenbach to Merseburg (Germany), 1936

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/596

CARTHALIA Homepage