Martin: Slovenské komorné divadlo

Country: Slovakia (Slovensko)
City: Martin

Built 1888-1889 as "Národný dom"[National House] by Blazej Bulla for the amateur theatre and music society, "Slovenský spekovol". Opened 31 Dec 1889. The complex included a theatre hall, a library, a museum and a casino. 1891 installation of a painted curtain by V. Masek. 1944 renamed "Slovenské komorné divadlo". 1951 renamed "Divadlo Slovenského národného povstania (SNP)" [Theatre of the Slovak National Uprising]. 2003 re-renamed "Slovenské komorné divadlo". Originally ca. 1000 seats, today 396 seats.

Link: www.divadlomartin.sk

[Martin: Slovenske komorne divadlo] Picture: left: main theatre, right: studio theatre
Front Text: "Martin", inscription: "Divadlo SNP"
Reverse Text: "Divadlo SNP Martin - stará budova (Národný dom) - nová budova Stúdia" [Old building (National House) - New studio building]
Size: Modern
Sent: from Martin to Bratislava, 1997

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/681

CARTHALIA Homepage