|Angoulême: Théâtre Municipal|
Department, Region: Charente, Poitou-Charentes
Location: place des Maréchaux
Built 1870 by Antoine Soudée for the city of Angoulême. Opened 14 May 1870 with Rossini's "Il barbiere di Siviglia". Used for opera, operetta, drama, and vaudeville performances. Numerous restorations and alterations. Since 1968, used as a private theatre. From 1976, operated as a communal and state theatre by the "Comité d'Animation Culturelle" (after 1978 named "Centre d'Action Culturelle"). 1991 declared "Scène Nationale". From 1994, major rebuilding and restoration. Currently used for drama, ballet and variety performances. Also used for classical and pop concerts. 930 seats.
Front Text: "Angoulême - Le Théâtre"|
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.