Department, Region: Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
Location: place de l'Horloge
Built 1846-1847 by Théodore Charpentier and Léon Feuchères, on the site of a former theatre (built 1825 by Bondon and Frary, destroyed by fire in 1846). 1350 seats. Used for opera performances by the resident company "Opéra Grand Avignon", and for performances by the summer theatre festival, "Festival d'Avignon".
Front Text: "Avignon - Le Théâtre"; inscription: "Théâtre"|
Type: Divided Back
Front Text: "Avignon"; inscription: "Théâtre"|
Reverse Text: "Avignon"
Publisher: "Sté PEC, Septèmes-les-Vallons; As de Cœur, 84 7 236"
Front Text: inscription: "Théâtre"|
Reverse Text: "Les grands sites de Provence, Avignon, La place de l'Horloge"
Publisher: Editiions du Boumian, Ste Ajax, Monaco; 84007 2
To CARTHALIA Homepage.