|Compiègne: Théâtre Impérial|
Department, Region: Oise, Hauts-de-France
Location: 3, rue Othenin
Built from 1867 by Gabriel-Auguste Ancelet for emperor Napoleon III, on the former site of a Carmelite convent (which later became famous through Poulenc's opera "Dialogues des Carmélites"). Construction stopped in 1870 due to the French-German war. 1990-1991 major renovation. Opened Sep 1991 with Saint-Saëns's "Henry VIII". Home to the "Théâtre Français de la Musique" opera company. Used for opera, drama and ballet performances, and for concerts.
Notable world premieres:
Picture: background, left: Théâtre |
Front Text: "Compiègne. - Le Collège et le Théâtre du Château"
Publisher: Levi Fils, Paris
Size: Undivided Back
Reverse Text: "Théâtre Impérial de Compiègne - construit par Gabriel-Auguste Ancelet - 1867"|
Publisher: Théâtre Française de la Musique, Compiègne
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1236|