Department, Region: Nièvre, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Location: 1, place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville (next to the Palais Ducal)
Built 1809-185 and 1823. 1852 interior redecoration by Antoine Victor Barbareau. 1898 ceiling painting by Emile Vernon. 1913 façade rebuildings. Damaged by bombs on 16 July 1944, subsequently repaired. Closed for safety reasons in 1971. Subsequently major restoration. Re-opened 1980.
Front Text: "Nevers - Le Théâtre", inscription: "Théâtre"|
Type: Divided Back
Not sent. (addressed to Saint-Denis-de-Pile, but apparently not postally used)
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1339|