|Paris: Théâtre Marigny|
Department, Region: Paris, Île-de-France
Location: VIII.; 1, avenue Marigny / Rond Point des Champs-Élysées
[1st theatre built 1850 as "Folies Marigny", also known as "Salle Lacaze". From 1855, also used by Jacques Offenbach's "Bouffes-Parisiens" company during the summer. Other names: "Bouffes Marigny", "Bouffes Debureau", "Théâtre Féerique", "Théâtre des Champs Elysées". Later converted to a panorama building by Charles Garnier. Demolished 1893.]
Current theatre built 1893. Originally used as a cabaret. 1921 bought by Léon Volterra and re-opened as a drama theatre. Currently also known as "Théâtre Mariginy-Robert Hossein" after the theatre's artistic director, Robert Hossein.
Notable world premieres:
Front Text: "Paris - Champs-Élysées - Théâtre Marigny"|
Publisher: B. F., Paris
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Paris to Essen (Germany), 1905
To CARTHALIA Homepage.