|Strasbourg: Théâtre National de Strasbourg|
Department, Region: Bas-Rhin, Alsace
City: Strasbourg (Straßburg)
Location: place de la République
Built 1888-1892 as "Landesausschuss" (regional delegation) by Hartel and Neckelmann. 1911-1918 used as parliament of the Alsace-Lorraine region . From 1918, used by the local conservatory. Parliament hall converted to a concert hall and renamed "Salle Hector Berlioz". Concert hall destroyed by bombs on 25 September 1944. Rebuilt from 1952 as "Ecole d'Art dramatique du Centre dramatique de l'Est". 1968 renamed "Théatre national de Strasbourg". 1995-1997 renovations by Dainel Rubin. Re-opened 18 October 1997. The complex contains two halls: "Salle Bernard-Marie Koltès" (450-600 seats) and "Salle Hubert Gignoux" (200 seats).
Front Text: "Strassburg, Landesausschuss"|
Publisher: Manias & Cie., Straßburg
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Straßburg to München (Germany), 1909
To CARTHALIA Homepage.