Country: Germany (Deutschland)
City: Ballenstedt am Harz
Built 1788 by an unknown architect for Fürst Friedrich Albert von Anhalt-Bernburg. Opened 8 June 1788 with "Der Vetter von Lissabon", "Der Schwarze" and "Der Fähnrich oder der falsche Verdacht". Since 1838, regular seasons of drama and opera. 1845 auditorium restoration. 1987/1988 major renovation. Ca. 350 seats.
The theatre was used as a touring location throughout its history, as Ballenstedt never had a resident theatre company. Currently used for guest performances by the Nordharzer Städtebundtheater Quedlinburg/Halberstadt and for various other events.
Front Text: "Ballenstedt a. H. - Schloßeingang und Opernhaus"|
Handwritten Reverse Text: dated "1926"
Front Text: "Schloßtheater Ballenstedt"|
Publisher: Anhaltische Verlagsgesellschaft Dessau, 1995
Size: 9.1 x 19.3 cm
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1625|