Bayreuth: Stadthalle

Country: Germany (Deutschland)
State: Bayern
City: Bayreuth
Location: Ludwigstraße

Built 1748 as a riding school by Joseph Saint-Pierre for Margrave Friedrich of Brandenburg-Bayreuth. 1785 converted to a theatre. Re-opened 21 Nov 1785 as "Hochfürstliches Theater" ny the "Medoxische Theatertruppe" company. From 1792, used as a military barack. After 1918, used as a garage. Since 1933, property of the city of Bayreuth.

1936 converted to a multi-purpose hall by Reissinger. Re-opened 1936 as "Ludwig-Siebert-Halle" in honour of the Nazi minister president of Bavaria, Ludwig Siebert (1874-1942). Capacity: up to 3000 persons. Mainly used for balls and Nazi events. Destroyed by bombs in 1945, with only the façade remaining intact. 1948 temporarily rebuilt as a cinema and re-opened as "Stadthallen-Kino".

1958-1965 major rebuilding by Reissinger. Renamed "Stadthalle". Re-opened 21 Jan 1965 with a concert including Siegfried Wagner's ouverture to "Der Bärenhäuter" and the world premiere of Hans Fleischer's "Symphonische Festmusik". Used for opera and drama performances, concerts, balls, and various events.

[Bayreuth: Stadthalle] Front Text: "Bayreuth, Ludwig-Siebert-Festhalle"
Publisher: Verlag Paul Himml, Bayreuth; Nr. 911
Type: Real Photo
Size: Classic
Sent: from Bayreuth to München, 1938

[Bayreuth: Stadthalle] Front Text: "Bayreuth, Ludwig-Siebert-Festhalle"
Publisher: Verlag Foto-Müller, Bayreuth SA.-Siedlung, Rummerstr. 51
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: by German Forces' Postal Service, from Bayreuth to Schorndorf bei Cham, 1944

[Bayreuth: Stadthalle] Front Text: "Bayreuth, Ludwig-Siebert-Festhalle"
Publisher: Verlag Paul Himml, Bayreuth; Nr. 2003
Type: Real Photo
Size: Classic
Not sent.

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1632

CARTHALIA Homepage