Country: Germany (Deutschland)
Location: Friedrichshain, Karl-Marx-Allee 78 (formerly: Große Frankfurter Straße 132) / Koppenstraße 32
Built 1877 as "Ostend-Theater" by Traugott Krahn. Opened 23 Dec 1877. 800 seats. The complex also included a café, a restaurant, and a summer garden theatre. 1896 renamed "Carl-Weiss-Theater" after the theatre owner, Carl Weiss. 1906 renamed "Bernhard-Rose-Theater" after the theatre owner, Bernhard Rose. Later renamed "Rose-Theater". Garden theatre destroyed by bombs on 22-26 Nov 1943. Theatre converted to a cinema in 1944. Re-opened as "Ufa im Rose-Theater" on 27 Oct 1944 with the film "Das Konzert". Destroyed by acts of warfare in April 1945.
[N. B. The currently operating "Ostendtheater" is located in another building in Boxhagener Straße 99.]
Front Text: "Gruß aus dem Carl Weiss-Theater - Berlin O., Grosse Frankfurter Str. 132 - Dirketor Carl Weiss|
Publisher: P. Schahl, Berlin
Type: Undivided Back
Sent: from Berlin to Kemberg, 1901
To CARTHALIA Homepage.