Country: Germany (Deutschland)
Location: Steglitz, Schloßstraße 4-5 / Gutsmuthsstraße 27-28
Cinema, built 1926-1927 by Schöffler, Schloenbach, and Jacobi. Opened 26 Jan 1928 with the film "Sprung ins Glück". Also used for concerts and theatre performances. After World War II, used for concerts by the Berliner Philharmoniker and as an operetta theatre. Location of the founding of the Freie Universität Berlin. First location of the Berlinale Film Festival in 1951. 2072 seats. Closed 1966. 1969 conversion into an office building. Re-opened May 1995 as a cinema with 1200 seats.
Front Text: inscription: "Titania-Palast"|
Reverse Text: "Berlin-Steglitz, Titania-Palast"
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.