Country: Germany (Deutschland)
City: Biberach an der Riß
Built 1858. Opened 8 Dec 1858 with Eugène Scribe's "Bataille de dames". 1901-1904 closed due to fire safety concerns. Subsequently rebuilding. Re-opened 8 May 1905 with Schiller's "Wilhelm Tell". 1925-1926 rebuilding and extension. Re-opened 5 June 1926 with Schiller's "Don Carlos". Until 1924, mainly used for regular winter seasons by different touring companies. Later, mainly used for touring performances. Until 1941, also used as a cinema. Throughout its history, also used for amateur drama performances by the "Dramatischer Verein" company, and annual school theatre performances ("Schützentheater") during the Schützenfest festival. Demolished 1977 in favour of a new theatre and congress hall, "Stadthalle" (built 1974-1978).
Front Text: "Biberach a. R. - Theater und weisser Turm"|
Publisher: Gebr. Metz, Tübingen
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.