Bitterfeld: Kulturpalast

Country: Germany (Deutschland)
State: Sachsen-Anhalt
City: Bitterfeld
Location: Zörbiger Straße / Parsevalstraße

Built 1952-1954 as "Kulturpalast der Gewerkschaften 'Wilhelm Pieck'" by Alfred Dienst for SAG Elektrochemisches Kombinat Bitterfeld. Named in honour of the German politician and first president of the GDR, Wilhelm Pieck (1876-1960). Opened 13 Oct 1954 The complex includes two halls: "Theatersaal" [Theatre Hall] with 1000 seats and "Kleiner Saal" [Small Hall] with up to 150 seats. Closed 1 Apr 2003 due to safety concerns. The Chemiepark-Gesellschaft plans to renovate and re-open the house.

[Bitterfeld: Kulturpalast] Reverse Text: "Kulturpalast der Gewerkschaften 'Wilhelm Pieck', VEB Elektrochemisches Kombinat Bitterfeld, erbaut 1.5.1952-13.10.1954"
Publisher: Foto-Brüggemann, Leipzig; III/18/197 T 169/58
Type: Real Photo
Size: Modern
Not sent.


To CARTHALIA Homepage.