Dresden: Neustädter Hoftheater

Country: Germany (Deutschland)
State: Sachsen
City: Dresden
Location: Neustadt, Albertplatz

Built 1871-1874 by B. Schreiber. Opened 20 December 1873 as "Neustädter Hoftheater - Königliches Schauspielhaus". Operated as Royal Drama Theatre. Also known as "Albert-Theater". 1904 extension. From 1913, used as a private theatre. From 1937, operated by the city of Dresden as "Theater des Volkes". 1937 restorations and modernization. Ca. 1400 seats. Destroyed by bombs in 1945. Remains later demolished.

Notable world premieres:

  • Fred Raymond: Die Perle von Tokay (7 Feb 1941)

[Dresden: Neustaedter Hoftheater (Albert-Theater)] Front Text: "Gruss aus Dresden - Neustädter Hoftheater"
Publisher: Kunstverlag O. Schleich Nachf., Dresden 5010
Type: Undivided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Dresden to Weinberge/Kral. Vinohrady (Bohemia), 1901

[Dresden: Neustaedter Hoftheater (Albert-Theater)] Front Text: "Königliches Schauspielhaus - Comédie royal - Theatre royal - Dresden"
Publisher: Kunst-Verlag W. Schaller, Dresden-N.
Type: Undivided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Greiz to Berga/Elster, 1904

[Dresden: Neustaedter Hoftheater (Albert-Theater)] Picture: large picture: Neustädter Hoftheater, small picture: portrait of the German playwright and author Karl Gutzkow (1811-1878) who worked as a dramaturg in Dresden from 1847
Front Text: "Dresden - Alberttheater"
Reverse Text: short biography of Karl Gutzkow
Type: Undivided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Dresden to Nebra [stamp removed, postmark partly removed]

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1785

CARTHALIA Homepage