Country: Germany (Deutschland)
Location: Theaterstraße 10
Also known as "Städtische Bühne" or "Stadttheater".
Built 1853 by Friedrich Lendorf. Opened 31 Oct 1853 with Friedrich Schiller's "Die Braut von Messina". Various additions and renovations. 1924-1925 rebuilding. 1978-1979 rebuilding. 1990 addition of a foyer. Closed 2006 due to structural damages.
2009-2012 major rebuilding and addition of the "Marguerre-Saal" as main hall (ca. 600 seats), named in honour of the major sponsor, Wolfgang Marguerre. Opened 24 Nov 2012 with Tchaikovsky's "Mazeppa". The old theatre hall ("Alter Saal") is still part of the complex (324 seats) and used for drama performances.
Home to the opera, drama, ballet, youth theatre companies and the Philharmonisches Orchester der Stadt Heidelberg (all operated under the roof of "Theater und Orchester Heidelberg").
Notable world premieres:
Picture: left: Marie Held as Maria in Scheffel's "Der Trompeter von Säckingen"; right: Theater|
Front Text: "Marie Held, 'Maria' Trompeter von Säkkingen" - "Stadttheater Heidelberg"
Type: Undivided Back
Picture: after the 2012 rebuilding|
Front Text: "Rundum informiert [...] theaterundorchesterheidelberg"
Reverse Text: promotional text with order form
Publisher: Theater und Orchester Heidelberg
Size: 21.0 x 10.3 cm
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1907|