Country: Germany (Deutschland)
Location: Karl-Marx-Straße 13
Cinema, built 1956 by Theo Preckel and W. Bremer for the legendary German football player, Fritz Walter (1920-2002). Opened 16 Aug 1956. Operated by Fritz Walter and his wife Italia Walter (1921-2001) with Friedrich von Kondratowicz until 1967. Subsequently operated by Benra FTB. 1977 converted from a one-screen cinema (931 seats) to a multiplex centre. Closed 1993.
Picture: Universum cinema and Fritz Walter|
Front Text: inscriptions: "Universum"
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1924|