Stadttheater (old)

Country: Germany (Deutschland)
State: Bayern
City: Würzburg
Location: Theaterstraße / Kardinal-Faulhaber-Platz

Built 1803-1804 by Johann Andreas Gärtner for Julius Graf von Soden, converting a 1750 convent building by Balthasar Neumann. Opened 3 Aug 1804 with F. L. Schröder's "Stille Wasser sind tief". 1830 auditorium rebuilding, 1846 stage technology modernization and removal of stalls boxes, 1855 auditorium renovation and addition of cloakrooms, 1905-1906 extension and alterations. Originally ca. 800 seats, 1940: 755 seats (+ 90 standing). Closed 1944. Destroyed by bombs on 16 March 1945.

Link: www.wuerzburgwiki.de

[Wuerzburg: Stadttheater (old)] Reverse Text: "Würzburg, Theater"
Publisher: W. H. D.; 2422
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Würzburg to Baden-Baden, 1916


To CARTHALIA Homepage.