|Busseto: Teatro Giuseppe Verdi|
Country: Italy (Italia)
Location: Piazza Giuseppe Verdi 10
Built 1868 by Pier Luigi Montecchini and Giovanni Sivelli, into the right wing of the 13th century "Rocca" palace of the Marchesi Pallavicino (now the city hall). Interior decoration by Gioacchino Levi and Lorenzo Gelati. Named in honour of the Italian opera composer, Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901), who was born in Le Roncole near Busseto and spent most of his life in Busseto and in his villa in nearby Sant'Agata di Villanova sull'Arda. Opened 15 August 1868 with Verdi's "Rigoletto" and Verdi's "Un ballo in maschera". Renovated in the 1990s. Re-opened Novemeber 1994. Ca. 300 seats.
Currently used for the international singing competition, "Voci Verdiani", held each June. During the summer, opera is played on an open-air stage on Piazza Verdi.
Reverse Text: "Busseto (PR), Interno Teatro G. Verdi"|
Publisher: Rotolux, Parma
Sent: from Cremona to Langenhagen (Germany), 1983
Picture: view to the stage, below: manuscript of beginning of the prionser's choir "Va pensiero" from Verdi's "Nabucco"|
Reverse Text: "Busseto - Teatro G. Verdi - G. Verdi Theatre - Theater G. Verdi - Théâtre G. Verdi"
Publisher: Ediz. G. V. Organizzazione, Parma; 16
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/2281|