|Milano: Teatro Filodrammatici|
Country: Italy (Italia)
Location: Via Filodrammatici 1 / Piazza della Scala
Built 1798-1800 as "Teatro Patriottico" for a group of theatre lovers (= filodrammatici), the "Compagnia dei Giovani Repubblicani", by converting a former church. Opened 21 Dec 1800 with Vittorio Alfieri's "Filippo". 1805 renamed "Teatro dell'Accademia dei Filodrammatici". 1885 renovations and electrification. Ca.1904 rebuilding by Giovanni Giachi, including a new fašade. 1923 renovations. 1936 converted to a cinema. Damaged by bombs in 1943 and 1945. Subsequently repaired. 1960-1970 major renovations, rebuilding and modernization by Caccia Dominioni. Used for drama performances by the resident company, "Compagnia Stabile del Teatro Filodrammatici".
Notable world premieres:
Publisher: after the 1904 rebuilding|
Front Text: "Milano - Teatro dell'Accademia dei Filodrammatici", inscription: "Teatro dell'Accademia dei Filodrammatici"
Publisher: Garzini e Pezzini, Milano; 1906; 7601
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Milano to Antwerpen (Belgium), 1906
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/2361|