Spoleto: Teatro Nuovo

Country: Italy (Italia)
Region: Umbria
City: Spoleto
Location: Largo Beniamino Gigli / Via Vaita S. Andrea

Built 1857-1864 by Ireneo Alendri for a citizens' society, on the former site of the San Andrea monastery. Decorations and painted curtain by Luigi Masella. Stage machinery by Eugenio Venier. Opened 3 agosto 1864. 800 seats. Currently used for drama performances by the "Teatro Stabile dell'Umbria", and for performances by the summer arts and theatre festival, "Festival dei Due Mondi".

Links: www.teatrostabile.umbria.it, www.spoletofestival.it

[Spoleto: Teatro Nuovo] Front Text: "Spoleto - Teatro Nuovo", inscription: "Aere Civium Cura Patrum MDCCCLXIV Teatro Nuovo"
Publisher: Fotorapida Terni; 85
Type: Real Photo
Size: Modern
Sent: from Spoleto to Wädenswil (Switzerland), 1965

[Spoleto: Teatro Nuovo] Front Text: "Spoleto - Interno del Teatro Nuovo"
Publisher: Rotastampa Terni; 8
Type: Real Photo
Size: Modern
Not sent.


To CARTHALIA Homepage.