|Terni: Teatro Verdi|
Country: Italy (Italia)
Built 1840-1849 as "Nuovo Teatro" by Luigi Poletti. Opened 1849 with the operas "Saffo" and "Giovanna d'Arco". 1908 renovations and alterations. Re-opened as "Teatro Verdi", named in honour of the Italian opera composer, Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901). Destroyed by bombs in 1943, leaving only the fašade. 1949 rebuilding by Fernando Lucioli. 1066 seats.
Used for drama performances by the "Teatro Stabile dell'Umbria".
Front Text: "Terni, Corso V. Emanuele e Teatro Verdi", inscription: "[...]atro comunale Giuseppe Verdi"|
Publisher: Stabilimenti Al Terroca, Terni; No. 128404
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.