|Irkutsk: Dramat. Teatr im. N. P. Okhlopkova|
Country: Russia (Rossiya)
Federal District: Siberian Federal District (Sibirsky Federalny Okrug)
Oblast: Irkutskaya Oblast
Built 1894-1897 by A. A. Shretter (after a fire had destroyed the third local wooden threatre on 28 October 1890). Opened 30 August 1897 with a prayer ceremony, and on 2 September 1897 with Gogol's "Auditor". Later renamed in honour of the Russian theatre director and producer, Nikolay Pavlovich Okhlopkov (1900-1967).
Front Text: "Irkutsk", inscriptions on building: "1894", "1897"|
Reverse Text: "Irkutsk, Dramatichesky teatr imeni N. P. Okhlopkova - Irkutsk, The N. P. Okhlopkov Drama Theatre"
Publisher: Plakat, Moskva; 1986
To CARTHALIA Homepage.