|Bolton: New Empire Theatre|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Lancashire
Built by Butterworth & Duncan. Opened 24 Aug 1908 as "New Empire Theatre". Soon re-named "Hippodrome Theatre". By 1916, converted to a cinema. In the 1940s re-converted to a theatre proper. Closed 1961. Subsequently demolished in favour of a car park.
Front Text: "T. Hargreaves, Sole Proprietor", "New Empire Theatre, Bolton - Butterworth & Duncan, Architects, Rochdale"|
Handwritten Reverse Text: adressed to "Mr. Bruno Derington, Hippodrome, Southhampton"
Publisher: The Castle Series, Edwards & Bryning Ltd., Rochdale
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Bolton to Southhampton, 1909
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1043|