Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Hampshire
Location: Lower Gardens / Westover Road
Built 1928-1929 as "Concert Hall" by G. Wyville Home and Shirley Knight. Originally used by the Municipal Orchestra. 1934 converted to a theatre (addition of a stagehouse and fly tower). Later installation of a Compton organ. Alterations in the 1950s and 1980s. The complex includes a theatre (1518 seats) and a ballroom (used for small conferences and other events). Currently operated as part of the congress and events centre BIC (Bournemouth International Centre).
Reverse Text: "The Pavilion, Bournemouth"|
Type: Real Photo
Sent: from Bournemouth to Liverpool, 1930
To CARTHALIA Homepage.