|Buxton: Opera House|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Derbyshire
Location: Water Street
Built 1903 by Frank Matcham. 1928 alterations. Later used as a cinema. 1979 major renovation, with restoration of one of the few remaining gas theatre lighting and heating systems. Currently again used as a theatre for opera, drama, dance performances and concerts. Also used by the annual "Buxton Opera Festival" (since 1979) and the "International Gilbert & Sullivan Festival" (since 1994). 937 seats.
Front Text: "The Opera House, Buxton"; inscription on building: "Opera House"; signs from left to right: "Gardens", "Upper Circle", "Dress Circle and Stalls", "Private Boxes"|
Publisher: Valentines Series; 06352 J.V.
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Earl Shilton to Burlow-on-Trent, 1906
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1052|