|London: Canterbury Music Hall|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Borough: London Borough of Lambeth
Location: Waterloo, 143 Westminster Bridge Road
First opened 1851 as a theatre within the Canterbury Arms pub. 1854 rebuilding. 1876 rebuilding by Albert Bridgman. 1890 rebuilding by Frank Matcham. 1902 rebuilding by Oswald Cane Wylson and Charles Long. From 1914, mainly used as a cinema. Closed Sep 1940. Destroyed by bombs in 1942. Remains demolished in 1955 in favour of a car park.
Front Text: "The Canterbury Music Hall, London", signed: N. Charlesworth|
Reverse Text: "Drawn by Nicholas Charlesworth"
Publisher: The Badger Press, Westbury; Vaudeville Postcards
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4424|