London: Lewisham Hippodrome

Country: England, United Kingdom
City: London
Borough: London Borough of Lewisham
Location: Catford, 135-137 Rushey Green / Brownhill Road

Built 1911 by Frank Matcham for Walter Gibbons and Charles Gulliver. Opened 13 Feb 1911. 2448 seats. From 1927, operated as a cinema and as a live theatre. Damaged by bombs in 1940. Repaired and reopened 1943. 1952 converted into a cinema and renamed "Eros Cinema" (1500 seats). Closed 14 Nov 1959. Demolished June 1960 in favour of an office block (Eros House).

Links: www.arthurlloyd.co.uk, CinemaTreasures, Wikidata

London: Lewisham Hippodrome Front Text: "Lewisham Hippodrome, Rushey Green, Catford", signed: N. Charlesworth 1983
Reverse Text: "Drawn by Nicholas Charlesworth"
Publisher: The Badger Press, Westbury; Vaudeville Postcards
Size: Classic
Not sent.

London: Lewisham Hippodrome Front Text: "Lewisham Hippodrome, Rushey Green, Catford", signed: N. Charlesworth 1983
Reverse Text: "Drawn by Nicholas Charlesworth"
Publisher: The Badger Press, Westbury; Vaudeville Postcards
Size: Classic
Not sent.

Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/4416

CARTHALIA Homepage