|London: London Pavilion|
Country: England, United Kingdom
City: London W1
Location: Piccadilly Circus
Built 1885 as a variety hall by James Ebenezer Saunders and R. J. Worley at the site of the previous "London Pavilion Music Hall" (1859-1885). 1900 and 1918 interior alterations. From 1923, giant electric billboards were set up on the fašade. 1934 demolition and conversion into a cinema by F. M. Chancellor and Cecil Masey. 1986 demolition and conversion into shops and a wax figure museum. Of the theatre building, only the fašade remains.
Front Text: "Piccadilly Circus, London", inscription on building: "The London Pavilion"|
Type: Glitter Card; Divided Back
Sent: from Melbourne (Australia) to Wellington (New Zealand), 1906
Front Text: "The London Pavilion, London", inscriptions: "The London Pavilion", "The Pavilion"|
Publisher: E. F. A. London Theatre Series; No. 1004
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from London to Paris (France), 1908
To CARTHALIA Homepage.