|Norwich: Maddermarket Theatre|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Norfolk
Location: St John's Alley
Built 1794 as a chapel, later used as a warehouse, as Salvation Army hall and a general store. 1921 converted to a theatre by Noel Paul with W. F. Town and Nugent Monck. Subsequently used by Nugent Monck and the Norwich Players, mainly for Elizabethan theatre. 1953 auditorium extension by J. Owen Bond. 1966 modifications by Lambert Scott and Innes. Originally ca. 210 seats, today ca. 310 seats.
Front Text: "Maddermarket Theatre, Norwich", sign: "Maddermarket Theatre"|
Publisher: Jarrold & Sons Ltd., Norwich
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Wisbech to Marktbreit (Germany), 1953
To CARTHALIA Homepage.