|Nottingham: Royal Centre|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Nottinghamshire
Location: Theatre Square
The complex contains two halls:
Theatre Royal: Built 1865 by C. J. Phipps. 1884 and 1890 exterior and interior alterations by C. J. Phipps. 1897 auditorium rebuilding by Frank Matcham. 1969 bought by the Nottingham City Council. 1978 auditorium restoration, exterior and interior alterations by RHWL. Used for touring drama, opera, ballet, musicals and pantomime performances. 1186 seats.
Royal Concert Hall: Built 1980-1982 at the site of the former "Empire Theatre of Varieties" (built 1898 on the site of former dressing rooms of Theatre Royal, closed 1958, demolished 1969), to the rear of Theatre Royal. Used for symphonic and popular concerts, conferences, lectures and other events. Up to 2499 seats.
Front Text: "Theatre Royal, Nottingham"|
Publisher: Stewart & Woolf, London; Series 265
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Nottingham to Sauterets (France), re-directed to Saint-Quay Portrieux (France), 1904
Front Text: "Nottingham"|
Reverse Text: "Nottingham "
Handwritten Reverse Text: dated 1995
Publisher: E. T. W. Dennis & Son Ltd., Scarborough; 5 012491 000167
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1154|