|Scunthorpe: Plowright Theatre|
Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Lincolnshire
Location: Laneham Street
Built 1958 as "Civic Theatre" by J. W. Taylor. Opened 1958 with Ibsen's "Peer Gynt". In the 1990s, renamed "Plowright Theatre" in honour of the British actress, Dame Joan Plowright. Owned and operated by North Lincolnshire Council. Used for amateur and touring professional theatre performances. 353 seats.
Picture: left: Police Station, right: Plowright Theatre|
Front Text: "The Police Station and Civic Theatre, Scunthorpe"
Type: Divided Back
Sent: from Scunthorpe to Lüneburg (Germany), 1978
To CARTHALIA Homepage.