Country: England, United Kingdom
Historic County: Devon
Location: Vaughan Road
Built 1911-1912 by Henry Augustus Garrett using 1896 plans by Edward Rogers (revised 1903 with H. C. Goss). The complex included an auditorium with foyer, lounges and a café, an open-air promenade, and a tea garden. Closed 1976. Subsequently demolition of the interior in favour of various amusement locations, including a skating rink. Currently used as a shopping arcade.
Reverse Text: "Torquay, The Pavilion at dusk", on canopy: "Pavilion"|
Publisher: Constance; V. 8047
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1174|