|Chicago, IL: Illinois Theatre|
Country: United States of America
Location: Jackson Boulevard
Built 1900 by Benjamin Marshall for Charles Frohman. 1249 seats. Originally used for drama performances, since ca. 1910 used for musical shows and as a cinema. Since the 1920s exlusively used as a cinema. Closed ca. 1930. Demolished in 1936 in favour of a parking lot.
Front Text: "Illinois Theatre, Chicago", inscription on building: "Illinois Theatre"|
Publisher: V. G. Hammon Pub. Co., Chicago; No. 1863
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.