|Cleveland, OH: Severance Hall|
Country: United States of America
Location: University Circle
Built 1930-1931 by Walker & Weeks, funded by John Long Severance and Elisabeth Severance. Acoustical consultant: Dayton C. Miller. Norton Memorial Organ by E. M. Skinner (named in memory of Mr. and Mrs. David Z. Norton recognizing contributions from their children). Opened 5 Feb 1931. 1958 auditorium changes to enhance acoustics. 1999 major renovation and extension by functional rooms by David M. Schwarz. Acoustical consultant: Jaffe Holden Associates. Home to the Cleveland Orchestra. The complex comprises the main "Concert Hall" (2101 seats) and "Reinberger Chamber Hall" (400 seats).
Reverse Text: "Severance Hall - Euclid Avenue at East Boulevard. Home of the world famous Cleveland Orchestra. Severance Hall is a beautiful shrine to symphonic beauty. Built in 1931, it was erected by the late John Long Severance in memory of his wife."|
Publisher: Ohio Natural Color Card Co., Cleveland OH
Sent: from Cleveland OH to Lugano (Switzerland), 1963
Front Text: "Severance Hall - Cleveland"|
Reverse Text: "Severance Hall - Cleveland, Ohio - This beautiful concert hall, located in University Circle, is the home of the world renowned Cleveland Orchestra."
Publisher: Nu-Vista Prints, Willowick OH
Sent: from Cleveland OH to Dallas TX, 1999
To CARTHALIA Homepage.