|Lafayette, IN: Edward C. Elliott Hall of Music|
Country: United States of America
Location: Purdue University
University concert hall and theatre, built 1938-1940 as "Purdue Hall of Music" by Walter Scholer (consuting architect: J. Andre Fouilhoux, acoustics consultant: F. R. Watson). Opened 3/4 May 1940. 1958 renamed in honour of of the president of Purdue University, Edward C. Elliott. 6025 seats. Used for musical, opera, and ballet performances, classical and popular concerts, and various university events.
Front Text: "Interior, Hall of Music, Purdue University, Lafayette, Ind."|
Reverse Text: "The new Hall of Music at Purdue University, with seats for 6208 people, is the largest structure of its kind in America. It was dedicated in May, 1940 and is filled frequently for important campus events."
Publisher: Kaplan News Agency, Lafayette, Ind. / Curteich, Chicago 'C. T. American Art'; OB883-N
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1498|