|New York, NY: Belasco Theatre|
Country: United States of America
State: New York
City: New York
Location: 111-121 West 44th Street
Built 1907 as "Stuyvesant Theatre" by George Keister for the theatre director and playwright, David Belasco. Opened 16 Oct 1907. 1910 renamed "Belasco Theatre". 1931 leased to Katharine Cornell and Elmer Rice. 1948 bougt by the Shubert Brothers. 1950-1953 used as a radio studio by NBC. 1953 re-opened as a theatre with "The Solid Gold Cadillac". 1030 seats.
Reverse Text: "Stage Door at the Stuyvesant Theatre, New York City, 1909-1910"|
Publisher: Museum of the City of New York; "On Stage"; Pomegranate, Rohnert Park CA
Type: card from a postcard book
To CARTHALIA Homepage.