|San Francisco, CA: Castro Theatre|
Country: United States of America
City: San Francisco
Cinema, built 1922 by Timothy L. Pflueger for Nasser Brothers. 1976 leased by Mel Novikoff. 1979-1982 installation of a Wurlitzer pipe organ by Ray, Dick, and Bill Taylor. 1987 leased by Blumenfeld Theatres. Since 2001, again operated by the Nasser family. 2001-2003 renovations.
Reverse Text: "The Castro Theatre - The palatial Castro was built in 1922, and is San Francisco's favorite place to see a movie. Designed by Timothy Pfleuger, it is designated San Francisco Landmark #100." [sic!]|
Publisher: Castro Theatre & Pamela Gentile Photography; 1998
|Permanent link: http://www.andreas-praefcke.de/carthalia/id/1568|